Aiming to revive the looming industry that once renowned of, the city government of Marikina opened this years “Sapatos Festival” . The month-long festival, highlighting the cities’ famous shoe industry, started last October 3 and will run until November 18, 2011.
One of the highlights of the festival is the “Shoe Cosplay Competition” that will be held on November 16, 2011 at SM City Marikina. This competition is open to all cosplayers to any genre and winners of the competition will be given cash prizes:
- Overall Best Cosplayer – Php 5,000
- Best Male Cosplayer – Php 3,000
- Best Female Cosplayer – Php 3,000
- Best Craftmanship – Php 3,000
- Best Lady Gaga Look-alike – Php 3,000